Just kidding, I didn't go too crazy but it was THUPER DUPER FUN! And I got some GREAT prezzies from my family. Everything has a little joke to it and I can actually use it all. I'm going to have to make a post in the future when I finally get my camera and show you all.
We got some new movies over the weekend, The Town, Its Kind of a Funny Story, and The Social Network. I strongly recommend all of them :)
So in the spirit of movies.... I give you my top 10! (in no particular order)
1. 10 Things I Hate About You- So Heath Ledger makes this movie, but all the other characters are almost as lovable. And the American high school stereotypes? Just perfect.
2. Pride and Prejudice- First of all, I LOVE period films, the atmosphere, the costumes, and, of course, the way people talk. Kiera Knightley is stunning in this movie and the love story is phenomenal. I can watch this movie over and over again.
3. She's the Man- I love Amanda Bynes in basically everything she does but this was her best and most eduring work. I have never met anyone who hasn't seen it and it seriously makes me laugh every 2 minutes. One of the funniest movies ever.
4. Never Let me Go- This so heart-renching and yet so beautiful. The cast is amazing with Kiera Knightley, Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield and the story itself is thoughtful and interesting. This is something I watch when I'm in a contemplative mood. It's kind of leaves you with the same feels as Atonement.
5. Star Wars (the oldest three)- My dad LOVED Star Wars when it came out, so he would make my sisters and I watch it when we were little. Originally I loved it because he loved it, but then, as I grew older I started to love it because of the familiar characters and the awesome story line. And the aliens :)
8. The Little Mermaid- MY FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS AS A KID. Seriously. "Out of the sea, wish I could be part of that world."
9 The Hangover- This doesn't even need an explanation but I'm going to give it anyway. I laugh the entire time I watch it everytime I watch it. I can watch it on repeat and still laugh. I saw it 3 times in theatres, so I was pretty much obssessed from the first time I saw it.
10. Sweet Home Alabama- Omigod, such a cute movie it gives me happy tingles everytime I watch it! Even though I have it on DVD, if its on TV I'll still watch it with the comercials. Gahh I can't get enough of Reese Witherspoon as a super Southern hillbillie turned high class New Yorker.
What are your favorite movies? Do you like any of the same ones?
There are actually 9 planned films in the Star Wars series. George Lucas made 4 through 6 first, then 1 through 3 came out a few years ago. There are no plans so far to make the last three.